The Washington State Developmental Disabilities Council is currently accepting applications for a six month fellowship to learn and advocate on disability policy.
Spend two days in Olympia during the 21017 legislative session working with the DDC Public Policy Director and to learn about public policy and legislative process by:
- Researching specific legislative issues
- Attending and summarizing legislative hearings
- Preparing briefing papers
- Preparing and presenting testimony
- Educating and informing legislators, staff and agency officials
- Developing problems into systems issues
During the interim:
Monitor implementation of legislative policy
Review draft WAC’s and administrative policies
Participate in interim activities
Travel and related expenses provided. Monthly stipend and other considerations will be negotiated.
E-mail account and cell phone provided.
For Additional Information, contact:
Ed Holen, Executive Director
Washington State Developmental Disabilities Council