Do NOT Cut and Cap Medicaid
(Medicaid Action #1)
The House GOP Health Care bill will Cut and Cap funding for Medicaid.
Call your U.S. House Member: 202-224-3121 or E-mail your U. S. House Member, and say:
- I am your constituent.
- I use Medicaid services (give an example from your life) or My family member uses Medicaid services (give an example from your family).
- Medicaid is more than health care, these services help me/our family live life every day.
- These services are important.
- Do NOT Cut and Cap Medicaid.
For your Background Information:
Medicaid is an important partnership of the federal government and the states.
Medicaid represents $1 out of every $6 spent on health care in the U.S. and is the major source of financing for states to provide coverage to meet health and long-term needs of low-income populations. Washington State draws down billions in federal Medicaid funding enabling our limited state funds to go farther and serve more people; for most Medicaid the federal government pays 50 cents of every dollar. The newly established Community First Choice program draws down 56 cents on the dollar.
Medicaid touches all our lives.
People with developmental disabilities make up part of the Medicaid population. Thousands of Washingtonians with DD (adults and children) depend upon Medicaid-funded services.
- Over 44,000 people are clients of the Developmental Disabilities Administration (DDA).
- Of those more than 13,000 who receive personal care services through Community First Choice that support them to get out of bed, get dressed, bathe and eat meals.
- Any DDA client receiving services receives Medicaid funding.
For more information contact:
Developmental Disabilities Council
The Arc Washington State
For continued updates on Medicaid and how to take action, visit The Arc Washington State.