Developmental Disabilities Council Message
The goals of disability policy for individuals with developmental disabilities are:
- Equality of opportunity
- Full participation
- Independent living
- Economic self-sufficiency
To realize these goals we need to:
- Invest in home and community services that protect jobs, independence and stability.
- Develop short and long-term revenue growth options so that people who require public funded services are appropriately supported in the community.
- Ensure access to health care, self-determination and self-sufficiency.
- Include access for people who are unable to drive in planning transportation projects.
- Support individuals to become employees, employers, taxpayers and neighbors in our communities.
- Support families to stay together, support their loved ones and build a stronger future.
- Fund DD programs that are efficient and effective.