The Council adds new members to the council on an annual basis. The Council looks for membership in the following categories:
- Individuals with developmental disabilities
- Parents, guardians, or family members of children or adults with developmental disabilities from throughout the state; and
- Providers of services/administrators of programs for people with developmental disabilities.
Council membership requires a commitment of 20-30 hours to meeting preparation and Council meeting attendance. Council meetings are held quarterly, over a day and half.
More information about what it’s like being a member of the Council watch the video below:
Our Application Instructions explain more about the application process and can be helpful when completing the DDC Membership Application.
Interested in Joining?
You can apply to be considered for membership on the Council by:
- Reading the application instructions.
- Applying online using the Governor’s Board and Commission application.
- Your submitted application will be forwarded to Linda West at the Council’s office. Once Linda receives them she will send you a more specific questionnaire to complete and return to the Council office.
If you need assistance with any of the steps of the application process, please contact Linda West by phone at 800-634-4473 and she can help you.